"All the sounds of the Earth are like music" ~Oscar Hammerstein
Sound therapy is a vibrational therapy that works by entraining the brain and other body systems resulting in:
- deep relaxation and peace
- reduced anxiety and stress
- reduced blood pressure, heart rate and breath rate
- reduced stress hormones and increased “feel good” hormones
- reduced pain, both chronic and acute. It is particularly effective on pain that does not respond to other therapies.
- increased function of the immune system, for optimal self-healing. This makes it an ideal complementary therapy for patients with cancer and other diseases
- in autistic and hyperactive children, it relieves anxiety and balances their energy
- improved sleep
Anne Huxtable is a sound therapist based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, who has a special interest
in treating children with autism and hyperactivity. She is committed to education and to raising awareness of the benefits of sound as a therapy and gives frequent lectures and demonstrations.
Her work includes:
- group sound sessions (known as “Sound Baths”)
- private sessions for those with both physical and emotional issues.